John L. Gabrovic
John is seasoned entrepreneur in the restaurant, leisure and commercial real estate industries having managed in multicultural and multi-country environments, serving investors and building staff and infrastructure to achieve results.
Magdalena is a Legal Advisor. With a Masters’ Degree in Law and Administration from Warsaw University. Lawyer with more than 9-year-experience in real estate transactions and investments in Poland. Specializes in real estate, corporate, commercial and finance work.
CEO, BNP Paribas Real Estate Polska
Brian D. Patterson
Managing Partner of White Star Real Estate
Independent advisor and social activist
General Manager Poland, Aareal Bank AG S.A.
SEE HOW WE'VE BEEN IMPROVING IN
PEDIATRIC CARE IN WARSAW:
- Donated medical equipment to a pediatric ward at the Military Institute and to the Kopernika Hospital
- Delivered an ultrasound machine and a monomeric probe to the Pedatric Hospital of WUM
- Broadened mission to support all children’s hospitals and wards in Warsaw
- Delivered cardiology equipment worth over 1.5 M PLN including 2 sophisticated ultrasound machines
- Donated a dual-respirator JET, the first of its kind in Poland, which enables surgery in children without the need to intubate
- Created and equipped a cytostatic lab to administer oncological drugs more precisely and prevent risks for the medical staff
- The American Quo Vadis-Gavell Family Foundation funded a 5-year program for minimally invasive surgery, allocating around
$100,000 per year.
- Equipped a surgery department with modern medical equipment including an X-ray machine, a lamp, an operating table, etc.
- Provided a Nitric Oxide Used to Treat Children with Congenital Heart Defect
- The Friends Foundation has been recognized as a public benefit organization
- Introduced a bone marrow transplant program
- Renovated the Department of Hematology and Oncology
We raise money to help pediatric units in Warsaw provide children with the best medical care.
Over 95% of your contributions directly funds our work in hospitals.
87% Medical equipment and related capital schemes
5% Patient, family and staff support
4% Accommodation and other
White Star Foundation covers the salaries, office space and utilities needed to run the Friends Foundation.
Thanks to help of WSF, our administrative costs are that low.
Full transparency is a priority for us. We spend money wisely as we know they come from an exceptional source – our Friends. You can find full information about Foundation activities and financials in our reports below.
“Friends of the Children’s Hospitals in Warsaw” (previously known as “Friends of Litewska Children’s Hospital”) foundation was founded in 1993. Since 2002 it has been recognized as a public benefit organization (organizacja pożytku publicznego, OPP).